Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mommy & her FIRST Weekend Away!

Yep you read it right, I had my first weekend away from my little boys! I have only been away from Gabe 1 night when I was pregnant with Seth, so this was a BIG deal….at least for me! Ha

My weekend started Friday morning! I am so glad that Gabe did not cry when I left, because usually anytime I leave he cries…I guess I prepared him enough with letting him know ahead of time what was going to happen.  I left the house around 9:00 and headed to a Worship Ministry Retreat which lasted until about 4:30, but I snuck out at 3:00 to head to Burleson!  The conference was really good and I enjoyed seeing my friends.  The drive to Burleson went by really fast and my best friend Ena was waiting for me…we could hardly wait to see each other! It was very weird after I had been there for about 15 min, we were standing in the Kitchen and I just naturally looked down as if to see where the boys were and it was a CRAZY feeling to know that they were not going to run in and be standing at my legs! We had a fun evening talking and eating of course MEXICAN food!! I started missing them when I was getting ready for bed, but finally fell asleep and then woke up several times in the night and didn't really sleep very late! Woke up at 8:00 and had my quiet time which was nice and then Ena and I went to Crackle Barrel for breakfast…yummy!

After breakfast I headed to Ft. Worth to see my sweet friend Meredith who is attending Seminary! She has her first apartment and it is so cute! I couldn’t wait to see her, especially when I was use to seeing her once a week! We had fun, she kept me busy which helped me not miss the boys as much! lol  The busy was something I wanted to do too, love you Meredith…we painted her table and dresser and then we painted our toes! We shopped a little…window shopped! :) We had a great salad for dinner, visited and had some great laughs while trying to hang curtains….WE DID IT!!!! JOB ACCOMPLISHED, thank you very much! :) On to the Next thing…ok maybe not, we can leave that one for your dad….I may have made too many holes in the wall trying to hang that one! hee hee We went to church the next morning and then I headed back home…I skipped on the lunch, I was missing them way too much!

The drive back seemed to take longer…uhmmm I wander why….:)

I hugged them like crazy and kissed them a TON…Gabe kept coming up to me and loving on me, Seth kept laying his head on my shoulder and then raising up and looking at me very intently! Gabe said you came back just like “Little Bill’s mommy when she went on that trip! Gotta love that little show!!!

The boys had fun with their daddy and it is good for them to spend time like that together. No ER visits as Todd said! HA, only a little bobo with Gabe…he fell off a swing and scratched his chin up some, but that's it! When I asked Todd that evening how did everything go he said…"The hardest thing was I felt like I was in the Kitchen the whole time, between snacks, meals, and cleaning up.” Ha haaaa Now he reeeeally understands when I say I should just get a cot and sleep in here! LOL

Oh by the way I missed my husband too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment