Thursday, April 22, 2010

MOMMY Update

It’s been awhile since I’ve written, I feel as though my life is getting busier and busier by the day OR minute! In the midst of a busy life with my 2 boys…wait 3 boys counting Todd, I started working part-time the first week in March doing outside sales for a Printing Company and I managed to run a 10K with 2 of my best buddies! Yes I said a 10K…I must say I’m very proud of myself, for not training very much, I did really well! We stayed together and finished in an hour and 15 min! What a RUSH ….I am so addicted and can’t wait for the next run and look forward to seeing how well I can do when I really train!

Part time - Our friend is the owner of the Printing Company and has given me a position that I can be super flexible in, it has been a blessing in the sense that I have been able to work in the afternoon and have found a sweet young lady to watch the boys here at the house. There is NO WAY I would put my boys in day care when I would basically be working to pay them…ARE you CRAZY! All my girlfriends said how expensive it was, but I called juuust to check…AND HOLY COW…ridiculous! You would think that in these times it wouldn’t be that much!  But I guess if you look at it like this and I know you will agree that being a MOM is the MOST important job in the WORLD , MOST difficult, but the MOST rewarding!

I had a pretty professional life before my boys and had several important positions with jobs through out  my life. Some  very tedious and deadline driven, but also wonderful rewarding jobs,  for example traveling the world as an Event Planner, BUT  none of them and I mean NONE of them can compare to being a mommy! As a mom you don’t have even a second to problem solve…”Ok sure I’ll get right back with you on that.” HA! You must come up with an answer immediately, especially when it is a learning situation! ;) You can’t call in sick, or delegate out the things that you just DON’T  want to handle that particular day, no one seems to care how bad your head is throbbing or back is hurting, and of course you can’t quit! Or how about this one…“I’m going to step outside the office a minute and clear my head, get some peace!” HA HA HA no time for that, maybe when your HEAD HITS THE BED! LOL  As they say in show business THE SHOW MUST GO ON….so I say to all my sweet mommy friends…What a Beautiful Entertaining Show we have…it’s by far THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!!!!

Love ~ Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a part-time job. Whatever happened to Kindermusik? Yeah for finding a babysitter. We are still working on it here. We are testing one out this weekend while Kyle and I go to an Astros game on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great to hear from you! Thanks...the flexibility of the job is what makes it work so well. Hope you found a sitter and enjoyed the game. Your girls as always are precious and I can't believe how much they are growing! OH and Kindermusik - Our church is not doing at this time and it was alot more involved then we all thought and then for me at that time with Seth being a baby and bf and so on, it just was not the right time.
    Have a great day,Melissa

    ReplyDelete