Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

We headed for Conroe last Tuesday after Gabe’s Thanksgiving Feast. Todd left around 3:00am Monday morning for Fl to see Jacob, Zach, and some of his family. That drive would be too much for Gabe & Seth…18 hours in a car!?!

November 2009 068 November 2009 074 

It was hard to be away from him and I really wanted to see the boys, but they will be here in a few weeks! :)

We did get to SKYPE and that was fun!!!!

Our first stop was at My Aunt & UNcles for dinner and then we headed to my mom & dads. Matthew’s girlfriend Lindsey got in on Wednesday…she was a really sweet and fun girl! We just hung out around the house and Gabe got his ride on the tractor, we went to the park, had a quick trip to Kohl's, played a came of Cootie and mom cooked some for the big day!

We had Thanksgiving at My Aunt & Uncles, the food was fabulous and the layout was like something out of Martha Stewart..lovely! So So so Yummy!! What a wonderful day after we ate we went for a walk then had a taste of ALL the pies that they made and then headed to the Park! That was fun…..some of us were playing horseshoes, a little hitting the baseball, swinging, sliding, walking and Gabe enjoyed the sand pit UNTIL HE RUBBED HIS EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POOR BABY!! I ran to him picked him up and ran to the nearest water fountain…there was a beautiful garden and luckily there was a water hose right there, we flushed his eyes out and you could just see all the sand! Once we made it to the car we got a water bottle and leaned him back and OH BOY He did NOT like that! But it was clean! When we got back to the house I got the boys in their PJ’s and Gabe had a little snack outside watching and listening to the music on my Aunt & uncles house! Seth enjoyed his first Thanksgiving, he LOVED the green Bean Casserole and the whip cream on the pies! He also enjoyed being pushed around in his ride! :)

That evening the boys went down fast and I enjoyed some wine on the back porch with my brother and Lindsey. It was chilly but we bundled up and I even played a little guitar and sang! It was fun!

We headed back to Austin on Saturday since Rain was in the forecast I did not want to be driving in the rain!

We had a great time, BUT I sure was wishing I had leftovers..BIG TIME!!!! Oh well I got some Big Beautiful and very JUICY lemons from my Aunts tree! I am enjoying lemon in my water and will be making some lemonade, plus I won’t have to buy any for cleaning for awhile now!

November 2009 103

So thankful for my family and my friends, God has blessed us so much! I hope everyone had a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment