Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jacob & Zach~ Summer Visit

Well the boys left last Saturday…they were only here for 4 weeks this year and that went by really fast! It had been since Christmas that we had seen Jacob, because he was in DC  during Spring Break and I can’t get over how much he is changing…he is not the “little bitty boy” I met so long ago! He is taller than me and his voice has changed!!!! He was a great help with Gabe, playing with him while I fed Seth or took a shower…that was really a treat for me! I watched a video of Zach from when we lived in FL (which he loved) and aww it just made my heart warm and made me miss them being little, what a ball of energy Zach was (still is at times) and he has some great dance moves! They are god boys and I’m grateful to have them in my life! ;) Gabe sure enjoyed having them here…his world definitely changed. He wanted to be just like his BIG brothers :) He has also been  Mr. Repeat & repeat lately, which was sometimes a good thing and sometimes a not so good thing. There were some moments that Gabe was bouncing off the walls with all the excitement of having his brothers here. My house was louder with all the boys playing and chasing Gabe around, Gabe LOVED it! Of course my house is still loud even with the boys gone…but that quietness still feel down upon us as always when they leave…makes us a little sad. Todd had to work pretty much the whole time, which is good cause we need the work, but I know he wanted to spend more time with them. Next year they will be here for the normal 6 weeks and looks like Jake may be staying longer since he missed Spring Break and will be making up the 2 weeks he missed this Summer! Zach is usually ready to go home sooner than Jake anyway and this will give them a break from each other….they need it! Hopefully they had good time… they did some skiing & kayaking which cooled them off a little in this brutal TEXAS HEAT!!!!  We miss them already and look forward to spending Christmas with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment